Learn desert survival skills from the best. Have you ever wondered who taught your favorite survival show stars how to survive in the desert? Meet the legendary Dave Holladay here and then join California Survival School and Dave for a 5 day/5 night primitive desert adventure that WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Learn the secrets of surviving and even thriving in the rugged high desert canyons that Dave has called home for over 30 years.
- 5 Days, 4 nights of expert survival training & adventure!
- Legendary instructor Dave Holladay (Survival trainer for Bear Grylls, Les Stroud, Cody Lundin, Castaway, and more!)
- Desert survival training w/ minimal or no modern gear.
- Desert navigation, friction-fire, water finding, wild foods training, ancient tools, and more.
What is Included?
Your training adventure begins at our primitive base-camp on private land where you will learn to work as a team to produce stone-age survival gear and supplies to replace modern ones before embarking on a primitive journey through the wild desert canyons of southern Utah.
Have the greatest adventure of your life! Each adventure offers students a unique opportunity to focus their interest on learning skills like:
- Desert and mountain primitive living/survival techniques.
- Ancient friction fire methods using only found/gathered materials.
- Making stone tools to replace metal knives/axes wherever you are.
- Animal tracking, small-game trapping & hunting techniques and theory
- Manufacture of natural rope, fired pottery and other ancient living essentials.
- Primitive shelter, clothing & sleeping gear manufacturing from natural materials.
- Ancient water finding and purification techniques.
- Natural foods preparation and primitive cooking techniques.
- Wilderness first aid basics.
- Primitive navigation & lost-proofing techniques.
What Gear do I need to bring?
We’ll provide all necessary equipment for your survival adventure! Students may opt to be outfitted with minimal gear provided by California Survival School (Tarp, blanket, steel cup) or to go with absolutely nothing but the clothes on their back. Students will be taught how to meet all basic living needs and to even be comfortable without modern tools and equipment if so desired.
How Do Meals Work?
Healthy, home-cooked meals will be provided by your hosts during the prep stages of the course. During the challenge part of the course, students will eat from the wild supplies they have prepared while putting together their stone-age kit during training portion of the adventure.
This adventure can be physically demanding for some participants. There are hiking opportunities during the course as well opportunities to potentially swim and do other physically demanding activities. As this adventure can be quite physically challenging, California Survival School requires that all adventure course applicants have a complete physical examination and receive their Doctor’s approval in writing before final acceptance for attending the course. Please note that, even with your Doctor’s permission and California Survival Schools ‘s acceptance of you on the course, there are no guarantees. Health and participation risks (inherent and otherwise) remain. It’s up to you and your physician to determine if this course is an appropriate choice for you. All participants must be aware of these risks and accept them. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Attendees must be at least 15 years of age.
When you register for your trip you will receive an information packet that covers all the major details of planning for this trip (i.e. – How to get here, pre and/or post-trip nearby lodging recommendations, packing lists, etc.) If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-949-216-0252.
How do I get to Boulder, UT?
The easiest way is to drive. Google maps directions here. Travel time is 11 hours from LA. A trip to these wild canyon lands has never been so worth it! Pickup from St. George or SLC airports can be arranged for an additional fee.