“Team CSS worked miracles getting our film permits for Tanzania landed last-minute and beat competition pricing for local Film Fixer services by 6x. Truly Incredible.” – TXL Films
California Survival School is your one-stop source for Adventure Media Consulting, Film Fixer, and Risk Mitigation services. Whether you need to find a remote tribe to film primitive living skills with, recruit skilled survival talent, or negotiate government film permits internationally, Team CSS media production services has you covered.
Clients And Experience:
California Survival School crew have previously provided survival training and technical support to top survival media personalities including Bear Grylls (Man v. Wild), and Les Stroud (Survivorman), as well as training and professional services for film productions such as Castaway with Tom Hanks and The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio.
Team CSS experts have provided survival media consulting, risk mitigation, and fixer services, as well as on-set and on-screen survival training for brand-name clients and projects with Discovery, National Geographic, ABC, CBS, MTV, Netflix, 20th Century Fox, Sony, History Channel, Columbia Motion Pictures, and more. See one of our international adventures with Good Morning America here.
Beyond Network, survival / adventure media content requests are skyrocketing for influencers and personalities on Youtube, Instagram, and Tiktok. California Survival School is at the forefront of this content revolution. Many of our clients range from 1 to 15 million subscribers, and our our client projects average more than 2 million views on plaforms like Youtube per episode. Additionally, California Survival School instructors are now featured on platforms like MasterClass.
Our experts have provided training and support for adventures, expeditions, and media projects on all 7 continents. International locations for Team CSS media projects and adventures include Fiji, China, Botswana, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Laos, Namibia, Canada, Tanzania, Romania, South Africa, Morocco, Micronesia, Chile, Peru, Belize, the Philippines, Thailand, Colombia and Mexico. We also cover all of the U.S. (Hawaii & Alaska included).
How Can We Help?
Survival Media Consulting Services:
Team CSS experts regularly provide survival consulting services to production studios, casting agencies, celebrity clientele, social media influencers, and special event organizers world-wide.
Survival Consulting Services include:
– On-screen survival expert talent services.
– Media project story-boarding and script editing.
– Cast sourcing/screening
– International location scouting
– Cast/crew survival safety training
– On-location survival stunt work
– On-location survival talent coaching
– Press-junket special events, and more.
International Survival Media Fixer Services:
With LA-based offices and experience working directly with decision makers and local market resources in remote locations internationally, Team CSS is well positioned to cut costs and provide a higher level of service than most Fixer teams out there. When packaged with our media consulting service options, your production will always come out ahead.
– Location scouts / land agreements, film permits, visa applications, import/export carnet, etc.
– Direct-cost sourcing of international camera, lighting, sound, and production crew.
– Arranging international accommodations, transport, and security.
– Survival/Adventure talent procurement/screening/testing/training.
– Production team/talent safety & survival training.
– On-site production trouble-shooting, safety & first-aid logistics support.
– Survival stunt-double work
– Post-production international press events (We did this for Lionardo DiCaprio’s “The Revenant” for instance.)